Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First time at Quigley
07-10-2023, 10:51 AM,
#11
RE: First time at Quigley
Thanks Jim, Kurt,

I really failed at the offhand, I just didnt feel right and couldnt get comfortable, maybe next time, but a 7,7,6,6,6 with a 38-55 aint too shabby! Im going to try and get dad to the 1000yd line now!!

All of my misses, minus the offhand were from wind reversals, I should have put more wind in...lesson learned! The 300gr bullet gets affected a little bit m ore than the 45's but not by much maybe a min or 2 at most. Most times I just put what others were and I was spot on. Im just under a 38-50 for powder, with 55.5gr.

I just picked up a new 2021 lot of swiss and my second load test I had 5 shots thru the same hole at 100yd. Although, 2gr less, so the powder is a bit more bulky. I do plan to try it for the fall mid-range and see how it likes the Lodi winds!!

I hope to see you this fall guys, take care,

matt
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First time at Quigley - by JKR - 06-25-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: First time at Quigley - by Kurt - 06-25-2023, 01:04 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by JKR - 06-25-2023, 02:47 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by Randy Bohannon - 06-26-2023, 03:43 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by Kurt - 06-26-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by JKR - 06-27-2023, 07:38 AM
RE: First time at Quigley - by Randy Bohannon - 06-27-2023, 04:31 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by bpcrshooter - 07-06-2023, 12:23 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by JKR - 07-07-2023, 06:54 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by Kurt - 07-07-2023, 08:24 PM
RE: First time at Quigley - by bpcrshooter - 07-10-2023, 10:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | HistoricShooting.com | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication